I am the Director of Services for DISC’s Health, Young People and Families SDU, a role that I have held for the past 8 years. Within my role I have strategic responsibility for a wide range of services including:
• Young People’s Risk and Resilience Services
• Services for vulnerable young people including LGBT, GI and Young Carers
• Skills and learning with a particular focus upon NEET Young People
• Intensive Family Support for Families as part of the Troubled Families Agenda
• Services for people with Learning Disabilities
As one of DISC’s longest serving Directors my experience includes delivery of: Community Safety & Community development Initiatives; Housing Support; Skills, Employment & Training and Independent Living services, during which time I have developed a number of pioneering services, working in partnership with a range of key local agencies including: Co Durham Social Services, National Probation Service, Durham Constabulary, Youth Offending Services, Public Health and specialist education providers.