Horizon Young Adult Carers Service
Here for you if you're aged from 14 to 25 and are caring for someone in County Durham
We're here to help
Young adult carers are often strong and capable, but you still may need some help. We can give you advice and guidance, support you to plan for the future and meet other carers in a similar situation to you.
We can help if you are caring for a parent, sibling, grandparent, another relative or friend. You are caring for someone if you are doing cooking, housework, shopping, physical and personal care, parenting younger siblings and providing emotional support.
We can help with:
- support to identify future goals and aspirations
- advocacy (speaking on your behalf)
- one to one support
- information, advice and guidance
- activities to give you a break from your caring role
- meeting people in a similar situation as you
- support to access other services
Call us or email or ask someone else you know to get in touch and find out how we can help.
Horizon Young Adult Carers service is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund.