Drug and alcohol recovery
High quality, recovery focussed support for adults and young people
We use flexible, wraparound services to focus on people’s needs. We support them to reduce or end their drug or alcohol use and to rebuild their lives.
People who use our services can access brief interventions and structured treatments. The recovery journey also draws upon our charity’s expertise in community and family work, residential rehabilitation, and employment support.
What we offer
Treatment options include:
- Psychosocial interventions
- Support to improve community reintegration – helping people overcoming misuse or addiction problems to re-enter their local community
- Prescribed treatment and detoxification
- Access to residential rehabilitation
- Peer education and support programmes
- Counselling services
- Evidence-based structured intervention programmes, including group work and one-to-one sessions
- Community prescribing/medically assisted recovery
- Harm reduction/needle exchange
- Outreach and engagement
- Structured interventions (groupwork)
- Support to improve housing, employment status
- Whole family approach
- Recovery accommodation and housing support
- Aftercare support and recovery networks
We also offer criminal justice interventions to those offenders who are issued Drug Rehabilitation Requirements (DRRs) and Alcohol Treatment Requirements (ATRs) sentences.
Humankind provides integrated substance misuse treatment and recovery services for both adults and young people.
We deliver high quality, non-judgmental, safe services and environments which provide a range of treatment options and support to meet the needs of individuals – including for young people. Our ultimate aim for those affected by substance misuse is full recovery from dependency. We provide support at all stages of a person’s recovery journey.
Across our drug and alcohol integrated services we successfully supported people to achieve recovery and improve their employment, housing, health and family situations.
We provide wraparound services including:
- Working alongside families, carers and loved ones
- Support to improve people’s financial and housing status
- Interventions and support to increase general health and wellbeing
- Activities that promote community and social inclusion
Treating people as individuals
Talking to people about their goals and aspirations at the outset and agreeing a recovery journey for each individual stands at the heart of Humankind’s approach. We believe in working to people’s strengths and planning to help them develop the personal and community support needed for long term change.
We focus on evidence-based early intervention and prevention support to reduce the number of children, young people and families affected by drug and/or alcohol misuse. Our bespoke interventions for families and children have been extremely successful in reducing the impact of substance misuse and improving family cohesion.
In partnership with service users and other stakeholders, we have developed a range of recovery community initiatives including recovery hubs offering a safe meeting space where a range of services and activities can be offered. A variety of events and activities are delivered through our recovery hubs.
A major provider of recovery services
To hear our service users, staff and volunteers speak about our drug and alcohol recovery services visit our YouTube channel.