Fundraising Events and Initiatives at Humankind
Thank you for choosing to fundraise for Humankind. Whether you raise £1 or £1,000, every penny makes a difference and our Fundraising Team will provide all the help and support you need to get started.
Humankind organise and participate in a range of campaigns and events throughout the year to raise further support and awareness for the most vulnerable in our communities. Have a look below at our upcoming events and find out how you can join in the fun and support us too!
[Unfortunately, due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are unable to hold any public fundraising events until further notice. The wellbeing of the people that use our services, communities, supporters, partners and the public is our utmost priority. We will update this section with any information regarding upcoming events for 2020/21 as soon as we can, so please do keep checking! Alternatively, please see our information below for organising your own event and sponsorship for Humankind.]
To find out more about how you can support us within our events, or how to organise your own event or discuss your fundraising ideas, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How your donations will help
There are so many ways in which your donations could make a huge difference to the thousands of people we support every year, including:
Supporting a specific service delivering support that is close to your heart. Humankind delivers a broad range of services including support for:
- people affected by drug or alcohol use
- people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
- people with multiple and/or complex needs
- young people
- people affected by mental health issues or learning disabilities
- young carers
- people who are long-term unemployed
- people who have offended in the past
- people who need support to live independently
Making possible an event or activity to support people who use our services or celebrate their achievements
Supporting our Service User Fund which provides financial aid to people experiencing hardship
Purchasing equipment or tools to support people who use our services reach their full potential.
Organise your own event
If none of our scheduled upcoming events are right or convenient for you, you can always contact us at email@example.com to discuss organising your own event! Please see a few of our ideas below to help you get started:
- host your own virtual quiz to support Humankind (through charging an entry fee or holding a raffle!)
- clear-out auction: while you’re spending more time at home, clear out that clutter and organise an eBay or other online/virtual auction and donate the proceeds to Humankind
- do a sponsored walk or cycle – email us for a sponsorship pack
- Come Dine with Humankind: hold a dinner party (when safe to do so) with friends and family with an entry fee to raise money for Humankind
- donate your unwanted toys, books and equipment to support our young people’s services, family intervention projects and Education Centre.
To arrange an informal chat or for more information about a sponsorship pack, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate it isn’t always easy for people to donate, particularly for those impacted by the current pandemic. Any amount you are able to give would have such a positive impact on those we support, however financial donations aren’t the only way you can support us. We’d love to talk to you further about how you can get involved by donating your time volunteering for Humankind. For more information on how you can do this, please see our volunteering page.